Tax Preparation Checklist – 2021 Tax Year
(what you should bring in or send us)
1. Copy of both sides of your Driver’s license or State ID (unless we already have your current, valid ID on file. Joint filers need both IDs.)
2. Wage Statements (W-2) and 1099 Forms
3. Pension, IRA, or Annuity Statements (1099-R)
4. Social Security Income Statements (SSA-1099)
5. Interest & Dividend Income Statements (1099-INT & 1099-DIV)
6. Unemployment Income Statements. In NY State, get NY Form 1099-G online at https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/1099g.htm or call 888-209-8124.
7. IRS Letter 6475 for Economic Impact Payments received
8. IRS Letter 6419 if you received advance Child Tax Credit payments
9. Charitable Donations paid by check/credit/debit card, even if not itemizing
10. Consolidated tax statements of investment income, sales, and purchases
11. Student Loan Interest paid
12. Education Expense Information (1098-T, and detail of expenses paid in – Call us.)
13. Individual Retirement Account (IRA) contributions
14. Dependent Care expenses: Amount paid for each child; Providers Name, address, Federal ID number, and amount paid to each provider
15. Record(s) of Estimated Tax Payments made (Federal and State), including dates paid
16. If you Itemize: Property Taxes, Mortgage Interest, Charitable Contributions, Medical Expenses if over 7.5% of Adjusted Gross Income
17. Energy related expenses: New furnace, windows, doors, insulation, solar
18. Major changes from last year. If new to Erb Financial, a copy of last year’s return
19. Any other income, deductions, questions, or information you think might impact your tax return (Space for notes below).
20. Current Phone number: ________________________ Best time to call: __________
21. E-mail: _______________________________________
We will call you to discuss your tax information before completing your returns.
At that time we can review your situation to make sure we have all of the
necessary information to properly complete your tax forms.
Visit us at ErbFinancial.com